What is Aspergillus Niger?

The black mold called Aspergillus Niger is common on fruits and vegetables. These include apricots, peanuts, grapes and onions. In addition to affecting fruits and vegetables, this fungus can also affect textile materials and mostly occurs in humid areas. Aspergillus Niger grows mainly when there are high temperatures and humidity. The optimum heat for black mold is between 35°C and 37°C, but it can also grow at temperatures from 6°C to 47°C.

Is Aspergillus fungus harmful?

Green-black deposits are not only often found in damp bathrooms. Poorly ventilated areas such as libraries, gymnasiums and basements can also be affected. So the black mold comes through much more often than what we realize. Indoor mold growth affects as much as 25% of European social housing. Aspergillus can grow on materials as well as in the walls of your home. This affects the house, but it can also lead to health problems. When a person is much exposed to mold, it can trigger allergies or cause problems for asthmatics.

Black mold removal

You can remove black mold if the cause of the scale is known. To then remove the Aspergillus, there are a number of simple and, if necessary, persistent methods to use. In general, these are the simple ways to counteract mold:

  • Heating the air
  • Ventilate the house daily
  • Installing dehumidifiers
  • Vapor permeable paint so a wall can breathe

If these methods do not work, you can use stubborn ways such as mold removal products. Vinegar or bleach are often used for this purpose in addition to chlorine, Borax and special mold products from HG. What many people don’t know is that bleach and chlorine cause a dangerous reaction, the mold can ”explode,” so to speak, with dire consequences.